Monday, May 9, 2011

What's Going On!?

Hope all is going awesome with everyone back in GA!! Can't wait to visit for Christmas...another reason to look forward to the holidays! lol.

Anyways, many a thing have been going on these days...Spiritually, in life in general, etc.
Spritually, I feel like I've been struggling about getting involved with my church here, being generous, etc. BUT, after reading a great and hard book to read, Crazy Love, I've realized (with the leading of the Holy Spirit) that I need to get more involved with the church here(not just because it's a rule or anything, but because I feel like somehting's missing in my life if I don't). I definitely have been feeling lukewarm and I DO NOT want that...so, that has been hard because the reason I didn't want to get involved is because I will be leaving in 1 yr. (if God allows) and I didn't want to get too involved and then have to leave...AND, deep down I was actually scared that I would like it and the Lord would ask me to stay in Honduras.

I have mixed feelings about this...I struggled with this quite a bit (crying and all) because naturally I have my own desires and plans...BUT, the Lord's will is number 1! That is SOOO hard to say, but it is true. But, anyways, another part of me thinks that not getting involved in the church for fear of the Lord asking me to stay was just a plot of the enemy so that I would become lukewarm. BUT, anyways, just pray for me all that I would be able to accept what the Lord has for my life and NEVER be lukewarm.

Also, some other updates:

1. I'm officially having laser hair removal done for my underarms, legs, and other areas (don't be nosey-lol). Anyways, I'm SOO excited, cause it's working!! I have less hair under my arms and it's awesome...I feel more like a warm!!

2. In July (next month), I should be moving out to my new home...still living with people, but a whole lot less people so it should be more quite, I'll have more space, my room will be nicer ANDDD...I'll get to cook for myself-every single meal!! I'm so excited, I'm already planning for my cooking adventures!!

Work:
Did a Spelling Bee and working on a program for preventing HIV/AIDS, still working with the dental hygiene program, have 2 English classes going right now, and other stuff not to mention lots of other non-work, but fun things coming up...Mushroom Festival, Corn Festival (tal vez), my BIRTHDAY, etc.

Quote of a lifetime---God is good-Life is good!!

Here are some pictures for your purusing...

This is actually just a week ago on an excursion with the youth...


This is during Easter- Monica is french-braiding my hair. lol


These are "apples"...they're actually hollow inside, but sort of similiar to regular apples.

Talk with you soon...still need to upload videos!!
Victoria

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to yell at you for your yellow shirt in the french braiding picture when behold! Thou hast donned a brown one! I am very pleased lol. Glad you're still enjoying life outside of the states.

    ReplyDelete